Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ian Schafer auctions Ian Schafer on Twitter

Saw this on Twitter and said to myself, "Why aren't I doing that?" What I saw is that Deep Focus CEO Ian Schafer is auctioning off sponsorship to his Twitter feed on eBay. Opening bid is $400. Here's an excerpt from his blog, IanSchafer.com on what he's offering: "This one-month sponsorship includes replacing of the existing background image with the image(s) of your choice, as well as replacement of my handsome photo with another image of your choice (ie. brand logo)." He also says that "numerous journalists" follow him which I guess includes me, but, hey, it's been worth it. Without him, I'd never have gotten on to the big story of last week: Agency 3.0.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to comment on a blog post about my blog post about my twitter feed being auctioned by myself.

It doesn't get any more 'meta' than that.

Yes - I'm just doing this to make a point.

No - I don't need the money that badly.

Yes - I just want to get a conversation started.

No - There are no online coupons to drive get a cheaper price.

Yes - I accept PayPal.