Monday, May 21, 2007

News flash: people like online recipes

I really wouldn't want to be working at Time Inc. these days. Actually, having just run into someone who got laid off from there, leaving with a hefty severance package sounds infinitely better. I shouted to this acquaintance from across the street, "How'd you make out?", and he, grinning ear to ear, shouted back, "Like a bandit -- I'm taking the summer off." Those who are left are churning out, um, new ideas like this: myrecipes.com, the recipe portal that the company launched today under the auspices of its Southern Progress division. The big idea here, if there is one, is that in addition to publishing its own recipes, the site will also aggregate recipes from other sites, such as kraftfoods.com, which has been publishing recipes online since at least 1996 and CondeNet's Epicurious, which launched in May 1995. I think you know where I'm going with this.

No comments: