Thursday, October 4, 2007

Trend: people dressed as inanimate objects

Yeah, people dressed up as fruit/animals/food has been a staple of advertising practically since the dawn of time, but I feel as though we're seeing an alarming resurgence of this type of ad. Of course, there are Crispin, Porter + Bogusky's spots for Burger King, with people dressed up as BK sandwiches. Then there's this commercial for Verizon, in which Mom has to dress as a taco and hand out fliers to pay the kids' cell phone bill, and now this commercial from TBWA/Chiat/Day for Jimmy Dean D-lights, which I found yesterday on Mediapost, where people are dressed as the sun, a cloud and a rainbow. What does this all mean? Probably just that I watch too much TV. I'm sorry this post isn't all that pretty, but I guess my artistic aspirations are just way beyond Blogger's capabilities.